All of us are aesthetes and look for the beauty around us. When it comes to fashion, we are enthusiastic about our looks. This leads to a competition for styling skills. Girls with fine styling skills always have favour in terms of beauty. If you are thinking to start a salon as a newbie, don’t forget to try these hairstyling tools for newbies.
All of these are simple and easy to use so you can excel your styling skills to the next level. So without any further ado, let’s get started!
01: Hair Towels
It is always a natural phenomenon that we learn gradually, from simple to complex. Before considering electricity-based tools for your styling journey, don’t forget to have some simple tools.
Initially, you need professional, standard and safe-to-use hair towels. It will decrease the risk and dry the hair organically. It will affect your hair health positively. The hairstyling market is full of towels of various types based on the needs and conditions of customers.
There are several factors to consider when it comes to the selection of hair towels:
- Keep in mind that your hair should remain safe while using the towel.
- Some towels are made up of cheap fibres and result in hair damage.
Softness, Effectiveness and absorption:
- As mentioned above, safety is a priority. In styling, safety lies in softness. Your towel must be made up of soft fibres.
- Effectiveness means how much it affects the hair while using and what are the main changes that happen after using it.
- The third factor is absorption which counts how much water is absorbed in a unit of time. It should absorb at least 80% of water when the make-up is finished.
- Be careful while selecting the towels. Buy towels which are lightweight and medium-length.
- Heavy towels can result in neck pain and will affect your performance as a stylist.
- It means what are the types of hair which you can use; wavy, curly or straight.
02- Brushes; Critical hairstyling tools
Brushes are the second most important thing when it comes to beautifying your hair. Most of us ignore the types of brushes we are used to. Wrong brushes make our hair damaged and weak which results in a wreck.
Keep an eye on your own or your customer’s hair types. Look for a proper hairbrush for each hair type. There are some important aspects to consider while buying your hairbrushes. These are given as:
- Be conscious about the hair type and the hairbrush design. It is going to affect your hair immensely.
- Safety should be the top-notch priority while buying your brush.
- Avoid brushes with hard fibres that may cause skin damage.
- It should consist of smooth and soft strands.
- Use lightweight brushes to reduce the chances of tiresome while using them. Prefer to use wooden brushes as they are long-lasting and safe to use.
Comfy to hold:
- Be clear about the comfort as you have to work for hours as a stylist.
- Prefer smooth and round brushes so that they may not irritate you.
Types of hairbrushes you can choose from:
- Round brush
- Curved brush
- Paddle brush
- Wide-tooth comb
- Straightening brush
- Hair detangler brush
All of the brushes above have their benefits, usages and limitations. Select the brushes based on hair type and hair health of the user.
After towels and brushes, the third accessories are shears. Shears are also one of the neglected items when it comes to hairstyling. Most hairstylists post no glance at the variety of shears they are using them. Along with the fact that having a grip over shears use is a great skill in hairstyling.
Here are some things to remember when it comes to the selection of the shears:
- There are three main types of handles when it comes to using shears;
- Opposing grip shears
- Offset handles
- Crane handle shears
- Types of hair and the hairstyle let you decide what kind of handle of shear you are going to use along with other hairstyling tools.
- It makes you skilful and sharp in creating beautiful, catchy and delicate hairstyles.
Select an authentic seller:
- Look for sellers who are well established and good at producing verified raw materials for generating safe-to-use shears.
Be careful about the blades in your tools:
- Blades are very important stuff to look at when it comes to edges and cuts while shaving the hair delicately.
- The shape of the blade decides the cut design.
Types of shears:
- All-purpose shear to use while shaving all kinds of hair from thin to thick, short to long.
- Offers a variety of usage.
- Blending shear to create delicate designs and textures. It allows you to create:
- Thin and soft shaves and styles
- Producing textures and designs
- Roughing and trimming the hair
04- Hair straighteners:
People with curly and wavy hair struggle a lot with their complex hair for beautiful hairstyles. Having a suitable straightener can make your job a lot easier. Therefore, your hairstyling can be worth experiencing when it comes to the adept use of a hair straightener.
The job of a straightener is not yet finished, it offers a proper look for the people who are struggling in terms of theme-based looks. However, straighteners can prove to be one of the most effective hair styling tools for your salon.
All you need to know about hair straighteners is given below while searching for your next hair straightener:
1 Hairstyling tools-Shape:
- It seems weird but yes, you have to keep an eye on the shape of your straightener as it affects your performance while working.
2 Hairstyling tools-Plate width:
- Plates offer space for application on the hair.
- Thick hair demands wider plates to ensure proper heating of the tool and drying of the hair properly.
- If your hair is thin, processed and fine, prefer to use a hair straightener with narrow and short plates.
3 Hairstyling tools-Temperature:
- The higher the temperature, the higher will be the process of straightening the hair. Therefore, it will take less time and more effective, less controlled straightening of your hair.
- The lower the temperature, the lower will be the risk of uncontrolled straightening. Therefore, it is used for thin, fine and processed hair.
- If your hair is strong, thick and healthy, you can use high temperature for the job.
- In case of thin and unhealthy hair, consider using less temperature.
4 Hairstyling tools-Be careful about sizzle:
- Sizzle is the hissing sound while using a straightener tool. Avoid buying the straighteners with hissing more than the limit.
05- Blow Dryers:
As the name of the product is revealing, it is used to dry the hair as well as style them alongside. However, the product offers more than a common hair dryer and other hairstyling tools. Therefore, one other feature is that it changes the shape of the hair and makes them smooth after usage.
Also, it adds value to the volume of your hair through its technology and design. And here are some important notes that you should keep in mind while picking your next dryer:
- The more the weight, the more effort which can result in the malfunctioning of your project.
- Also, light-weighted dryers offer more useful than that heavier ones.
Don’t forget to use the diffuser:
- While using a blow dryer, therefore, the use of a diffuser will help you to make the hot air diffused.
- It will reduce the chances of hair damage and also makes the dryer safe to use.
Bring your concentrator:
- However, a concentrator directs the hot air flow to a concentrated area.
- This is used to style complicated and sharp hairstyles.
06- Curling Irons:
If you are fond of curly, semi-curly or wavy hair, you must use curling irons. If not, you should use it for your next invitation to secure a good and classy look that may surprise the whole of the flock. However, different kinds of irons are for different kinds of curls. Thus, this will lead you to a themed look that may be the best investment for your next party.
However, some of the basic points to keep in mind while searching for curling irons in the market are :
The shape of the coils/barrels:
- The shape of your coils and barrels plays a great role in styling when it comes to curling the hair. Short diameter coils offer narrower curves and curls.
- Large coils result in making open curls and wavy hairstyles.
Hairstyling tools-Barrel heating speed:
- Barrel heating speed means how fast your coil catches heat.
- It is easier and more precise when the speed is low. You can create beautiful styles if your curling irons have a standard heating speed.
Hairstyling tools-Interchangeable barrels:
- Having options of variety in barrels makes it easier for you to style according to customers’ choice and need.
- You can just change your barrels in the same curling irons to create various
Hairstyling tools-Variable heat settings:
- Controlling the measure of heat is one of the most complicated functions therefore it comes to curling hair.
- Look for irons that offer a variety of hairstyling by optimizable heat settings.
Major types of curling irons:
- Spring curling irons have a grip over the heat and the shape of the curls.
- Clipless curling irons offer smooth and silky curls without crimps or creases.
- Cordless curling irons do not need power output and do not need any battery.
- Marcels curling irons for easy rolling capability and consistent curls.
Bottom line Hairstyling tools:
At the end of the debate, we have to conclude that hairstyling is interesting as well as creative and innovative for newbies. It is a great experience to style beautiful hair of different sizes, styles, textures and lengths. However, you can start hairstyling by using basic tools properly in a delicate manner.
Your skills depend upon different factors and aspects which play an important role in establishing a sustainable career. Hairstyling tools are the aspect that is mostly neglected when it comes to starting your salon.
The key points are as:
- Keep proper usage-oriented hair towels for safe and composed results.
- Select the brushes and combs according to the needs of hair and styles.
- Hair straighteners and blow dryers are other factors to mention therefore keep an eye on the selection of proper ones according to the needs of hair and shape Hairstyling tools.
Select proper tools, therefore keep practising and have your skill to the next level.